Interview about Qatari cuisine



On March 27, 2019, when my mother was cooking Madrooba, one of the Qatari traditional food, in
our small white kitchen, I asked her for an interview about my blog theme, which is Qatari cuisine. I
interviewed my mother to know more about my country food and to see her perspective in Qatari and
other countries cuisines. It was pleasant how I interviewed my mother about Qatari cuisine while she was
cooking one of them.

What is the most cuisine that appeals to you?
Indian cuisine in the most delicious food that I am obsessed with.
What makes Indian cuisine special?
The spices that they used in their dishes add to the food unique flavor and give a wonderful aroma to the
dishes as well.
How Qatari food represents Qatari culture?
Many of Qatari food is cooked on specific occasions so that makes some dishes linked to some occasion.
For example, Machbos, Qatari meal that consists of rice and meat with Qatari spices, usually cooked in the
Eid while the whole family gather for lunch.
How do you feel while cooking Qatari food?
I feel overwhelmed because cooking Qatari traditional food reminds me of the past days when my mother
cooked for us and it is a good feeling to transfer this to my children and see how my kids love and prefer
Qatari food more than other cuisines.
What Qatari dish that you prefer and why?
Harees, because it contains protein and other healthy product that benefit our health. In addition, no
one can make a perfect Harees, it differs between each house.
What is the cuisine that has similarities characteristics with Qatari food?
Indian cuisine, because Qatari spices is originated from Indian spices, however, Indian add too much
spicy flavor to their food more than Qatari.
Does The flavor of Qatari food had changed throughout the years?
Maybe yes, because nowadays the maid is the person who cooks the food. They are not from the country
itself, so even though you will teach them how to cook the dish will not as perfect as one of Qatari citizens
do.

It was an enjoyable interview, I learn many things about my country traditional food and I know my
mother point of view toward cuisines. I get all what I wanted from the interview, my mother answered all
of my questions, however, my mother opens my eyes to the Indian cuisine and that make me curious to
read and search about their cuisine more.
My mother's Madrooba after in was ready to serve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thareed Review

The Origin of Qatari Cuisine